Spanish and Portugese wine 101August 6, 2018
Perfect Cocktails for Halloween PartyOctober 6, 2018
Tens of thousands of people attend college football games in Mississippi each year. And that doesn’t include all the people who decide to cross over into Louisiana and watch the New Orleans Saints. In the South, football isn’t just a game… it’s a passion and a way of life. For diehard fans, the party starts well before the game does—at the tailgate in the parking lot. Your Hattiesburg adult beverage experts at Lincoln Road Package Store want to suggest ways to change up your playbook for this tailgate party with any, or all, of these delicious football-themed cocktails.
- Spiked Lemonade: It can stay pretty hot on game days in the Deep South all the way into November, so why not choose a refreshing and potent twist on traditional lemonade? Mix your whiskey of choice—we recommend Jameson—with lemonade to your own taste. Pour over ice and garnish with lemons, and you will be ready to go for your tailgating party.
- The Boozy Buckeye: This delicious warm beverage is named for the Ohio State mascot, but don’t let that Big Ten name deter you. Start with hot chocolate powder packets, stirred into water. Add coconut rum and Kahlua, then drizzle in some melted peanut butter and top everything with a healthy spray of whipped cream.
- Yellowhammer Slammer: The Yellowhammer is the famed in-house cocktail at Gallette’s, a well-known bar near the University of Alabama. They keep the recipe a secret and sell several thousand of this cocktail on each game day in Tuscaloosa, but we’ve given it a try. Take a quarter cup each of vodka, a light-colored rum, and Amaretto. Add three-quarters of a cup of orange juice and a cup of pineapple juice. Shake well, serve over ice, and you’ll be ready to roll by kickoff.
- LSU Lemonade: Plenty of LSU fans end up living in Mississippi, so salute those who love the Bayou Bengals with this refreshing and brightly-colored take on spiked lemonade. Instead of using whiskey, vodka is the alcohol of choice here. Add two ounces of vodka, along with a handful of blueberries and a pinch of sugar to the bottom of a glass. Use a spoon to mash, or muddle, the blueberries, mixing everything until the sugar has dissolved and the blueberries have been mashed. Add ice, lemonade, stir well and enjoy.
- Spiked Sweet Tea: We already have seen two different kinds of spiked lemonade, but you just know here in the South that spiked sweet tea is sure to be a popular choice as well. Take regular sweet tea, your vodka of choice, and mix them together to your own personal taste. Pour over ice and garnish with an orange to add a little tropical flavor.
- Rum Punch: This a tried-and-true choice for all kinds of parties and has been popular for decades for a reason. Take your favorite rum, your preferred fruit juice or juices, mix them together and you are ready to roll. Our favorite rum punch concoction involves rum and orange juice, topped with Sprite.
- Spiked Cider: It will get cold in the South (eventually)… warm up with this delicious adult apple cider. Take hot apple cider and mix it with Fireball, then garnish with apple slices, which will soak up the cinnamon-flavored alcohol while you sip the beverage and makes for a delicious snack on their own. You can also serve this with the cider at room temperature and pour the concoction over ice, for a delicious spiked treat at any time of the season.
Whether you are headed to a tailgate party or just entertaining at your home for the next big game, Lincoln Road Package Store has everything you will need to wow your crowd. Visit our location at 2800 Lincoln Road, Suite A, in Hattiesburg, MS. Got a question? Contact our courteous and experienced staff by calling us at (601) 268-3677 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Lincoln Road Package Store is here to serve the adult beverage needs of Hattiesburg, Mississippi.